NEW STRATHMORE® 400 SERIES OIL PAINTING PRODUCTS
Available starting in March of 2018, we are pleased to introduce 400 Series Oil Painting products. Modern convenience meets traditional technique in these products made specifically for artists creating finished work with oil paints and oil pastels.
Our new 400 Series Oil Painting pads and sheets are a convenient alternative to canvases or boards. They’re easy for artists to take on-the-go and there is no gesso required to prevent oil saturation. As part of the paper-making process this sheet has been pre-primed with vegan materials, so artists can simply tear out a sheet and starting painting! You won’t get any oil halos or seepage through the sheet. The fabric-like linen surface mimics canvas while providing texture to help blend and hold layers of paint in place. Officially launched at NAMTA 2018, the NEW 400 Series Oil Painting line started shipping March 5, 2018 from Strathmore.
Strathmore 400 Series Oil Painting features include:
- 215 lb / 350 gsm heavyweight paper.
- Acid free, vegan friendly, natural white color paper.
- Linen textured surface stands up to layering, blending, and scraping techniques.
- Appropriate for finished work.
- Sheets are easily removed from glue binding.
- 10 sheets of paper per pad.
- Available in 9” x 12” (SM430-309), 12” x 12” (SM430-312), and 18” x 24” (SM430-318) pads. Also available in 18” x 24” sheet stock (SM431-3)
All of our Oil Painting products are featured on an introduction promotion which runs through Back To School promotion May 1, 2018 to September 13, 2018. Learn how this new program can increase the productivity of your retail space by contacting your MacPherson sales representative today!
400 Series Oil Painting support materials for retailers including, shelf labels, samplers, headers, photography, and sell sheets which are all available on our Retailer and Distributor Tools section of the website at www.strathmoreartist.com. Also, watch for an upcoming product video featuring this exciting new line!
INCREASE STORE SALES WITH STRATHMORE® ONLINE WORKSHOPS
Strathmore® is excited to once again offer their free Online Workshop Series, which started March 5, 2018! Take advantage of this consumer workshop series and increase your store’s traffic and sales. Promote the start of the workshops in your store, on your website, on social media, and drive sales as students purchase from the class supply list (there were over 51,000 video views on the workshop site in 2017).
The Strathmore 2018 Online Workshop Series will again feature 3 different workshop series, with each series including 4 videos and downloadable instructions created by incredibly talented artists. Students follow along as instructors guide them through various topics
and demonstrate useful tips, techniques, ideas and inspirations to get students creating and learning about art. Visit Strathmore Artist Papers at http://www.strathmoreartist.com/artist-studio/ for more information about the 2018 Workshop Series.
Just as a reminder, participants are no longer required to create a student account to view the videos. Once the videos are released on the site, they are available for anyone to view at any time, for free, without creating an account. However, if students want to interact with the instructors in discussion forums, or upload images to the gallery, they still need to create an account to access those special features. Students can also still create an account to interact with their friends on the site, and to create their own profile. No changes have impacted any existing student accounts. By removing the previous account set-up to view the video content, more artists are encouraged to engage in the wonderful free content that is available in the workshop series.
Here are three ideas for retailers to take advantage of the program:
1. Create Workshop Supply End Cap – Download this poster/handout pdf and create an end cap featuring the workshop supply list. Use the poster on the end cap to promote the workshops as well as in the window and at check out.
2. Follow Strathmore Artist Papers social media platforms and share our posts like below with your fans. This is a really easy thing to do! We share on-going information and reminders about the Workshops on Facebook and other social media channels. Ask your fans to stock up on class supplies at your store! You can also check out #StrathmoreWorkshops on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter.
3. Create your own in-store workshop from content delivered in Strathmore’s Online Workshops! Each workshop provides you with a supply list, educational video and supporting information. Makes hosting your own event easier!
As a reminder, at the end of each year Strathmore will post that year’s Online Workshop Series videos to their YouTube channel. Look for the 2017 Online Workshop Series videos that are now available, which include workshops on Brush Lettering and Watercolor, Techniques in Pastel Art, and Ethereal Mixed Media on Toned Paper. Also offered on Strathmore’s YouTube channel, you will find an expanding library of videos around product information, quick tips and tricks for using Strathmore products, and helpful information on frequently asked questions.
Interested in learning more? Contact your MacPherson sales representative for ideas of how you can drive more traffic and sales with Strathmore’s 2018 Online Workshop Series.