Our next social media kit is coming your way! Time to strategize for the next featured theme, National Craft Month. This month is a great time to inspire customers to craft, whether they are trying something for the first time or revisiting a well-loved hobby. Crafting is a broad term that encompasses kids, fashion, upcycling, home decor, gifts, framing, knitting, party decorations, decoupage, gilding, glitter, jewelry, quilling, scrapbooking—and this list is hardly extensive. Choose a craft that’s popular in your community or pick four, one for each week, to feature in tandem with various sales. You can also promote a class (either one that you offer or a locally offered class) with a display featuring items on the supply list.
Three Crafty Trends
According to sources like Hobbycraft (a top retailer and market influencer), we’ll continue to see paint pouring, hand-lettering and calligraphy as well as candle-making continue in popularity; here are three more trends your store can focus on to appeal to your craftier customers:
- Pyrography, aka using wood-burning tools to make keepsakes, jewelry, and everyday decor. Take the opportunity to educate your customers on the safety requirements for using these tools, and group all products they may need for a project in one area.
- Wabi-Sabi is the Japanese tradition of finding beauty in the imperfect and celebrating impermanent, everyday experiences. Artists and crafters are taking inspiration by adding gold to cracks or other imperfections in crafts.
- Terrazzo! 1980’s interior design and and fashions are making their way back into the mainstream. Terrazzo, when speaking about tile, is a composite with combinations of glass, granite, marble and quartz. An amazing mixed media class in the making, perhaps?
Your Monthly Digital Kit
Look out for your monthly digital kit in your inbox; it has everything you need to promote a specific event from the customer engagement calendar:
- A printable flyer to post throughout your store
- Images ready to post on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Pre-written posts to accompany images
- Suggested hashtags
Each month we feature a holiday or theme from the Customer Engagement Calendar in hopes of supporting our community with social media assets and inspiration for in-store engagement.